Thursday, 28 June 2012 - Supatra's Big Night Out Fundraising Event
Thank you to everyone who organized, volunteered their time and/or services, and participated in this very enjoyable event. Unfortunately, Supatra could not be there to enjoy it herself as she loved parties but I am sure she was watching from heaven. This was our biggest fundraiser to date raising an incredible amount of £3,668.50. Because Supatra no longer needs her treatment the funds have been distributed to several charities that have supported us in the past to include, Josie's Dragonfly Trust, CLIC Sargent, Round Table Children's Wish, and Brain Tumour UK. We have asked that the funds given to Brain Tumour UK be reserved for research into specific Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG) tumours as very little money is going towards this devastating incurable children's tumour. Thank you for all the support and your generousity!
Saturday/Sunday, 9-10 June 2012 - London Nightrider Cycling Tour
Thank you to the team that showed up and participated in the London Nightrider event. I heard this was a fantastic event that is well worth doing again in the future. Our team of three riders raised a total of £561.00! Well done and thank you very much. This event occurred after the passing of Supatra and so this amount will be donated to Brain Tumour UK charity that supports brain tumour research and I will be asking that this be restricted for DIPG research only in honor of Supatra.
Sunday, 27 May 2012 - Thai Garden Party
A fantastic afternoon of Thai food while enjoying the beautiful weather at Gong's residence. About 50 people attended and we all enjoyed great Thai food cooked and prepared by none other than Gong herself. Thanks to Gong's tremendous efforts the event raised £705.50 for Supatra's treatment. Thank you to everyone that participated and helped Gong put this event on.
Thursday, 15 March 2012 - Lion & Lamb Pub Auction Night
A fantastic evening for all with a wide array of items that were auctioned off to include celebrity and sporting items. Thank you to all those that donated stuff for the auction and a huge thank you to Lawrence and Sally for letting us use your pub to hold the auction in but for also doing a great job of advertising the event and for Lawrence's excellent auctioneering skills. Everyone had fun and some probably stayed out too long. Supatra enjoyed herself and really liked everyone wearing the Supatra Fairy Fund t-shirts! Thank you for everyone's support and of course to the organizers of the event. An approximate total of £2088.00 was raised; however, there are still some sealed bids to collect.
Sunday, 11 March 2012 - Cambridge Half Marathon
Thank you to all the runners that took part in the Cambridge Half Marathon on behalf of Supatra. Everyone looked in fine form and did an amazing job finishing this long run. Not all the donations are in yet; however, two of the teams collected £1445.00 and £1414.00! Great job and I feel guilty for not doing the run with you!
Saturday, 4th February 2012 - Thai Dinner and Dance Evening
We raised GBP2,920!!
Tonight was a smashing success thanks to the wonderful people from my work and their spouses who so kindly donated their time and effort in putting this event together. The company, food, Thai dancers were fantastic and we really had a good time. Supatra especially seemed to like dancing to the DJs music - really never knew she could dance so well! Unfortunately the Thai boxing demonstration did not go off due to the weather and their inability to reach the venue but it was a very good night nevertheless. Christian did an outstanding job as host and the organizers together ensured that every single penny earned from the event went to Supatra's Fairy Fund! Thank you to the organizers and everyone that attended.
Other Funds Raised
* A special thank you to Kelly Communications, Connett Cable, Les Connett and all employees of both firms for raising a whopping 2300.00 pounds! Kelly Communications donated a framed and signed Chelsea football jersey which was then purchased by Les Connett for 1500.00 pounds. One employee also did his own bucket collection round his family and collected 150 pounds. Marcus Smith held a charity football match in Peterborough between Virgin Media and Kelly Communications raising 100 pounds. One of our committee members, Rachel, whose husband works for Connett Cable raised 800 pounds from all the employees. So thank you to everyone who helped raise this huge amount.
* On 6 Dec 11, several of our friends who held a carol singing evening at the Milton Loin & Lamb pub raised 185 pounds with several of Supatra's friends collecting donations from the pub patrons. I here the singing was superb!
* The Cambridge United Football Club has come through for us again and donated a signed jersey and football for our upcoming auctions. Thank you again to the club and their fans for the great support.
Saturday, 3rd December 2011 - Santa's Grotto
The grotto was a huge success and all tickets sold out. loads of children came out to enjoy the day at the park and get to see Santa at The Wild Place in Milton Country Park. Thank you to Santa for coming out so early to listen to the children and hand out some small gifts - I hope no one got a lump of coal! We are still awaiting the results of how much was raised and will post as soon as we get that info.
A huge thank you must go out to Lorraine, who I hear would stand in the Milton school playground during afternoon pick-ups and hold a sign advertising the Grotto and who organized the event. Additionally, thank you to the many other volunteers who also pitched in on the day ferrying the kids between the cafe and Santa's lair. I know Supatra was very happy to see everyone and participate handing over a big wish list to Santa.
Thursday, 24 November 2011 - Christmas Shopping Evening
A Christmas shopping evening was held at Supatra's Milton CE Primary School on 24 Nov 11 that was very well attended by lots of people from our community. There were many shopping stalls with various arts and crafts and other things, a mini spa treatment area, refreshments, games and a few raffles with some excellent donated gifts. Liz Cradock, a physio therapist volunteered her time to give 10 minute mini massages, Miss Kirby, Supatra's most favourite teacher donated a coffee machine as a raffle prize and I hear there were some who made some homemade jewelry as well. It sounds like a great time was had by all and Punny, Supatra and I are sorry that we missed this one! A grand total of 611.14 pounds was raised with 504 pounds net for Supatra's Fairy Fund (the remainder was used as expenses for the Santa's Grotto). A big hug to all the volunteers that made this happen and of course our fundraising committee for their continued dedicated and hard work. We can't wait for the Santa's Grotto on 3 December at Milton Country Park! See you there!
* On 23 Nov 11, the Cambridge News newspaper ran a story about our plight, which is the first press coverage we have had to date. We are happy with the story and they have already contacted us for a possible follow-up nearer to Christmas time.
* One of the UK's leading magazines 'Take a Break' will also feature a little of our story in relation to how Supatra made friends with Billie Bainbridge, also a brain tumour sufferer. Take a Break has already done a feature story on Billie and her family as their story is really heart wrenching. Billie's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and four months later they found out about Billies brain tumour. A really sad story but also uplifting as Billie's mom, Terri, is now free of cancer and Billie is also undergoing Burzynski's antineoplaston treatment and is doing well. We wish them all the best and we keep praying for Billie and all the other kids we met and got to know while at the Burzynski clinic in Houston, Texas. The story should be out in early 2012.
Other funds raised:
* Thrifty Foods, Victoria BC, Canada raised $2000.00 from their hotdaog sale and the company's donation
* 2 Int Coy, Toronto, Canada raised 1000.00 pounds!
* Aunt Erika from Germany raised 418.24 pounds for Supatra - thank you and love you!
* Donation from Polly Huibsch's mother and sister $100.00USD; thank you very much!
* Casual Fridays at my office raised 185.91 pounds over the last month.
* November Mustache growing competition at my office raised 173.12 pounds.
* Parking Raffle at my office raised 28 pounds.
* An anonymous donor collected 19.81 pounds for Supatra's Fairy Fund.
* Alex Sherenco ran the half marathon and raised 626.00 pounds!
Pub Quiz Night A Huge Success!
The 10th Nov 11 pub quiz night held at the Milton White Horse Pub was a huge success and raised a whopping 588.91 pounds. The place was so packed that the owner of the pub had to bring down some of his own chairs from his upstairs apartment in order to accommodate everyone. Thank you to Rachel who organized this event and the pub owner for hosting it.
Cambridge United FC Bucket Collection
Our bucket collection on 11 Nov 11 at the Cambridge United vs Wrexham football game raised an amazing 494.91 pounds with eight of our friends shaking the buckets in the stands. Unfortunately Cambridge United did not win but at least they had a draw - well done Cambridge United and thank you for helping Supatra's Fairy Fund.
Milton Colts Football Bucket Collection
On 12 Nov 11, there was another bucket collection at our local Milton Colts football club event and an additional 173.30 pounds was raised above the 500 pounds donated by the Milton Colts FC. Thank you to everyone.
IFC Bake Sale
On 28 Oct 11, spouses of the Canadian Forces members at RAF Molesworth held a fundraising bake sale at the IFC and raised $1,058.51 in a few short hours! Well done ladies and thank you to the Commander for allowing this to take place.Press Coverage