Friday 24 February 2012

23 Feb 12

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for not blogging for a while.  I've been physically exhausted and mentally drained this week. I meant to write something in the blog but I often passed out in Supatra's bed right after reading her a bed time story. 

Thank you to everyone for your get well wishes, thoughts and prayers for my dad. There is a bit of good news regarding my dad's condition though. The tumour in his bladder wasn't cancer afterall and it can be easily treated however, the doctor has found a tumour in one of his kidneys. It is a relatively new tumour and they think they can surgically remove it.  Despite the diagnostic, my dad doesn't want to go through the operation and hopes that the tumour will somehow magically go away on its own like all other illnesses that  he has had in the past.   My dad is a very strong minded and very stubborn individual, so if he's made up his mind on something it is nearly impossible to persuade him otherwise. I understand that he doesn't want anyone in the family to worry about him. He asked me not to go back to visit him, he doesn't want me to leave Supatra behind. He told me that my priority are my children and he is too old for me to worry about him.  However, it is never that easy and I still don't know whether I will need to go should he undertake this surgery.  At 85 years old anything can happen.

Over the last week we also got several other pieces of bad news and I would like to convey my condolences to Leyel's mom and dad.  We were heart broken to learn of Leyel's passing last month. Then just today, we learned that Olivia is having a turn for the worse.  Olivia is six years old and her cancer seems to have returned and we ask that our friends hold an extra prayer for her.  Be strong Alex, Momoko, Olivia and all of the Bianco family, we are thinking about you and praying with you.

On a more cheerier note; Supatra had a good time at school  on Wednesday. She loves to go to school for delicious school dinners and her show and tell. This week she showed and told about her neck lace and bracelet that she proudly made on her own.  The school has been fantastic. Everyone in school, including  head teacher, Supatra's teachers both  last year and current year are very supportive since day one.  People at school are so understanding with regard to Suptra's condition especially her friends in class 5 and class 6 who are lovely and very supportive.  Supatra has teaching assistants helping her in the class and taking her where she needes to go. There are normally two teaching assistants one helping her in the morning and one does in the after noons. Thank you very much everyone for helping Supatra at school and make sure she is well and happy. I can't thank you enough for what you have done for us. Supatra is more tired than usual these last few weeks but that is due to the treatment as we are now at very close to target dose.  We continue to inch up the dose over a prolonged period in order to ensure that she does not have another siezure or other problem that would result in having to take her off treatment.

I also want to say hi to Billie and Luna, hope you are both doing well.

Best wishes

Punny

No comments:

Post a Comment